Friday, May 18, 2012

Exploring the Limits of the Earth

"Can I climb this?" Lauren said.  I looked over.  The item in question was a chicken wire covered chicken tractor, which would probably, but not absolutely, hold her weight.
"No," I said.
"Why?" she asked, because that is the stage we're in.
Later, she was swinging the punch balloon that Sydney had gotten her for her birthday around.  Sydney was tired of being pummeled by her sister and suggested that Lauren could have "something else to punch" for her birthday.  With a mischevious glint in her eye, she asked:
"Can I hit you with this?"
"No," I said.
"Can I hit the chair with this?"
"Yes," I said.
"Can I hit Hoolio with this?" Hoolio is our cat. 
"No."
"Can I hit the wall with this?"
"Yes."
"Can I hit Daddy with this?"
"No."
"Can I hit Sydney with this?"
"No."
"Can I hit myself with this?"
"....yes.  I guess so."  So she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment